Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Welcome!

Well, here I go...into the blogosphere! So many of my favorite things start with the letter 'B'...Brooke, beer, Brewers, baseball, black...I could go on.  And I like to write and share my thoughts.  Perfect solution? A blog!  The topics will range from cooking to politics and history to movies to...who knows what else. 

Why did I do this?  I received a slow cooker for Christmas.  Not a Crock Pot, but a Hamilton Beach brand slow cooker.  I don't really cook but can follow a recipe and make many things.  So, as I nervously prepared the roast with vegetables for my first slow cooker meal, and anxiously anticipated what the meal would look and taste like when I arrived home from work, I was reminded of the movie 'Julie & Julia'.  If you haven't seen the movie, you should.  Long story short, the Julie character decides to cook her way through Julia Child's first cookbook and write a blog about it.  She sets a goal and sticks to it.

So, I will be sharing my cooking adventures and much more.  What is your favorite word brought to you by the letter B?  :-)

1 comment:

  1. As a fellow blogger, I like to receive comments. Not that I actually HAVE received any, but the sentiment is always nice. SO, to make your next log-in a bit more worth it, I will answer your questions. Here are some favorite words brought to me by the letter "B": Beta, Balloons, Babies, and Brewers.

    Lets remember always to avoid the 5 "B"s of recruitment, though :) lololol.

    ReplyDelete